Skip to main content

Day 3: My Christmas music go to's

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see"- The Polar Express

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year and typically I start playing Christmas songs in November but here we are 3rd December with my extra special Christmas go-to's for 2023.

Number 10...Jingle Bell Rock, now there are many variations of this song, much like many Christmas songs but my preferred edition is by Bobby Helms, reminds me of Home Alone.

Number 9... Brenda Lee's Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, again another Christmas staple every
year by many different artists but this one reminds me of my childhood.

Number 8...Do they know it's Christmas, Band Aid. Now this has to be the original, nothing wrong with the later ones but the original one is what you belt out in the car on a winters night with the heat blasting in your face.

Number 7...White Christmas by Bing Crosby. This style of Christmas song really reminds me of the snowy December days and makes me fall all cosy inside. It also sounds a lot like the music my late great Nan listened to which again provides fond memories during the Festive period.

Number 6...Fairytale of New York. This song causes yearly controversy with the lyrics but honestly its just a great Christmas song.

Number 5...One More Sleep, Leona Lewis. I love this one, this is a putting the Christmas Tree up tune up beat and definitely one to dance to.

Coming in at Number 4...Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson, now this one I discovered a few Christmas's ago and I love it. Wrapping your presents to send to Santa while drinking hot chocolate, could there be anything better.

Number 3...Holly Jolly Christmas, Michael Bublé, I bet you're surprised he only appears once in this list and believe me I could do a top 10 on my favourite Bublé Christmas songs if I wanted to, but this is one of my favourites.

Number 2...Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea. Now this is a Christmas Eve song if ever there was one. I have to play this even if I'm just coming home from the shop. Drive round the block and blast it to its full potential, go on!

Finally at Number 1, could it be anyone else but Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is you. Now if you don't know this one word or word what have you been doing. Its a Christmas staple in my household and not a day goes by in December when this isn't played.

There you have it day three of Blogmas and the Christmas tunes are sorted, make sure you're back here tomorrow for day four.

Kisses

Katie xx

Comments