Skip to main content

Getting Spring ready


"Spring is when life's alive in everything."- Christina Rosetti 

March is here and Spring is coming. Spring is often associated with new life and restarting so if you are feeling suck in yourself then this is the blog post for you. 

Getting ready from spring often involves is big spring clean and I am here to help you get started. 

The big spring clean can feel overwhelming, where to start? what to keep? I am sure the questions will spiral but slow down and take a breath, we've got this. 

Start simple:

I have a Spring- Summer (warm weather) wardrobe and an Autumn-Winter (cold weather) wardrobe and when getting ready for spring I switch my wardrobes over, at this time I will declutter things from my cold weather wardrobe that I didn't wear or no has any significant imperfections. I will then go through my warm weather wardrobe and declutter (and resell) things I no find being a part of my style. 

This decluttering process gives me a fresh mindset for a new season and helps me feel happier with a wardrobe full of things I'll actually wear and new outfit ideas. 

Have a think:

Take a look at your surroundings, in the post Christmas and Valentines haze you might have a couple of additional things that you don't necessarily need, like nor want. There is no shame in that. Often we want to refresh our homes, bedrooms, gardens when Spring is coming and I totally reinforce that! I have numerous faux plants and flowers that I put in my room to make it more Spring/Summer and it's great to give things a little refresh ready for the new season.

What's the Vibe?: 

Are you adding in a specific colour for Spring-Summer? Maybe a few pastels there and there. I find adding some faux plants really helps, it gives a fresh field sort of vibe. Popping to Primark may be a good idea or even scrolling through Pinterest might be of some use. If you are looking to keep the costs down some D.I.Y is always a good idea. 

I hope this little spring post has made you excited for the warmer months ahead. I know I can't wait for a little but of sunshine. 

Kisses 

Katie xx

 

Comments